Children will be exposed to gymnastics, dance, team building, and large group games. Every morning begins with open gym!
1. Crafts - we are not afraid to make a mess at Sapphire! We will be painting, sculpting, sewing, making piñatas and so much more!
2. Music- songs with the instruments, rhythm activities, and KARAOKE!
3. Snacks- food is possibly the best creative art form of all! We will work hard to create edible masterpieces and devour them promptly!
Listed below are just some of the activities we already have planned that will keep your child’s brain from turning to mush over the summer!
1. Languages - campers will explore basic Sign Language and Spanish.
2. Reading - each day we have set aside time that campers must participate in a reading activity.
3. Math - exploration/one on one time is the best combination for our young campers this summer.
4. Science - experiments, fingerprints, and mysteries!
Frisbee, kickball, water activities, scavenger hunts and much more! We will enjoy the outdoors each and every day that weather permits.
The Blank Park Zoo, local parks, Smash Park, the beach, the State Historical Museum & movie theatres are on the agenda for this summer! In addition, we will be swimming at Northwest Aquatic Center, in Des Moines each Friday!
What are Discovery Kids Club (DKC) hours?
Campers may arrive as early as 7:00 am and be picked up as late as 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday.
Who can attend DKC?
Camp is open to children ages 5-14 (age as of date of camp).
What is the tuition for one week of DKC?
Camp tuition is $180 per week.
What Deposit is required in order to hold my spot?
A non-refundable $30/week deposit is due at the time of registration. This is deducted from the total weekly tuition.
What other expenses can I Expect?
Campers are required to either purchase a pool pass to the North West Aquatic pool in Des Moines or pay an additional $5 for pool admission each Friday.
Campers will need a sack lunch each day.